Some people out there are just plain hard to buy for – boyfriends, husbands, and dads often fall into that category. You love them, you appreciate them, and you want to get them a bomb gift. I’ve done a lot of thinking + asking the men in my life, but I haven’t come up with a solid equivalent to flowers for me. While there are certainly men out there who appreciate flowers, it is typically seen as a more feminine gift. Most of my male friends say an equivalent for them would be cigars + alcohol. You can easily go out + buy a case of Blue Moon, but for Valentine’s Day, you may want a little more finesse.
Getting in touch with your inner Martha Stewart can help you come up with a Valentine’s gift any cocktail lover would appreciate. Whether you have $20 to spend or $100, you can make this gift work on any budget. All you need to know if the liquor of choice + you can create the perfect booze-y bouquet!
What you need
- Mini bottles of his favorite liquor (I did 12, but you can do more)
- Hot glue gun + hot glue sticks
- Styrofoam in shape of the base
What you do
- Put the styrofoam base in your cup/basket/vase of choice.
- With your hot glue gun, attach skewer to the back of the bottle. Depending on vase size, you may want to cut down your skewers. I recommend doing them at different heights to balance the arrangement.
- Stick the skewers in the styrofoam in an interesting arrangement.
The best part about this gift is that, like flowers, you can give it over + over again. No matter the occasion – birthday, anniversary, promotion, etc. – this booze-y bouquet is a perfect present! It also isn’t gender specific. It can be a gift for a bride-to-be, a mom who hates flowers or a friend celebrating their 21st (or 50th) birthday.
Send me your pictures of your booze-y bouquets! I want to see them.