One of my to-dos on the Autumn Adventures list is to host or attend a chili cook off. This recipe will probably not win you top prize, but it will keep you warm on crisp winter and fall nights.
This is one of my go-to recipes when I want to cook something warm and cozy. It makes about 6-8 servings and is great to take as leftover to lunch in a cold office.
- 2 Cans of Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 16 oz Ground Turkey or Beef
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: One Packet of Chili Seasoning
- Optional: Chili Powder
- Cook the ground turkey or beef.
- Dump meat into a strainer.
- Drain beans and cook them in a large pot.
- Add tomato sauce and dice.
- Once the beans and tomatoes are simmering, add meat.
- Mix up the pot and let ingredients simmer. Add chili powder and seasoning if desired.
- Serve on a bed of Fritos topped with Fritos and cheese.
My chili was a great dinner on this cold day. I finally had to turn my heat on! It will also be great to take in for lunch tomorrow. What is your favorite fall recipe? Let me know in the comments section or on Twitter!