Millennials may be the most socially savvy generation, but that doesn’t mean social media comes easily to all of us. The truth is, managing social media for a brand is completely different from running your personal account. There are many faux pas + mistakes you can make that are a much bigger deal when you are the voice of a brand. Here are a few social media hazards + pitfalls you should avoid.
- Not having a clear social plan.
- Not posting in the tone decided by your social plan.
- Not fully understanding a hashtag before posting.
- Posting too often.
- Not posting enough.
- Posting after trends have passed.
- Not addressing customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Only posting promotional content.
- Not adjusting content to fit audience engagement.
In today’s world of screenshots and Twitter archive’s anything you put out on social media could be there forever. The bigger the brand you work with, the more eyes on your postings. Hopefully, this list has better prepared you to be on the lookout for pitfalls before they can take you down.
Many of these social media pitfalls can be avoided by having a strong social strategy. If you or your brand needs help developing a social media strategy, I can help! See what services I have to offer you and get in touch with me today!