cheap doxazosin As discussed in my earlier post, Stress + How It Hurts You, stress has negative physical + psychological effects. It can seriously affect a person’s quality of life. So now that the problem as been realized, how can stress be combated? There are many ways in which someone can try to relieve stress.
- Physical activity- Jogging, walking your dog, spinning, Pilates or taking a yoga class, physical activity can not only reduce someone’s level of stress but also treat the side effects such as head + muscle aches.
- Relax your mind- Writing, watching a movie or listening to music can be good ways to escape your troubles temporarily. Anything that brings you joy from playing the piano to watching people at the park can help relieve stress.
- Indulgence- Indulging in something pleasurable like chocolate, getting a massage or pedicure or a bubble bath. Go to your favorite restaurant or splurge on a nice bottle of wine.
- Laughter- People always say, laughter is the best medicine, so doing things that will make you laugh can help with your stress level.
- Take care of yourself- A healthy diet is another way to combat the effects of stress. Fresh air is great for treating stress + keeping your body healthy.
- Destruction- Breaking things can make anyone feel better. Whether it is smashing a plate, ripping up paper or even smashing an old wine bottle, breaking things can be very lethargic.
- Talk it out- Talking to someone you are close to or a trained professional can help bring down your stress level. Talking + venting are one of my favorite ways to relieve stress.
What do you do to combat the stress in your life? Let me know in the comment section below!