I love weddings. I love social media. So, it should come as no surprise that I am way into wedding hashtags. I’m not the only one. Since the first wedding hashtag was (possibly) created in 2009, social media savvy brides have spent hours brainstorming with their friends on the perfect hashtag to capture their wedding planning process from proposal to honeymoon. I’m sure you’ve helped some develop some friends’ wedding hashtags.
The wedding industry brings in a reported $55 billion every year. Though there isn’t any specific data out there, experts believe that wedding hashtags have added to this market. Couples buy all kinds of product and print items displaying their unique hashtag. Some services charge up to $400 for cards featuring the hashtags.
In light of the popularity of wedding hashtags, I was inspired to create some for my favorite TV characters. Plot twist: it’s Friends. The group goes through a lot of relationships, so I only captured the most important couples, memorable, or actually married couples. Let me know if your favorite Friends’ wedding hashtags or which one is your favorite. I’m partial to Monica + Richard’s.
Friends’ Wedding Hashtags
- Phoebe + Duncan: #CapadesCharade
- Ross + Carol: #GoingGeller
- Rachel + Barry: #Couldn’tLoveYouFarber
- Carol + Susan: #LoveYouABunch
- Monica + Richard: #MakingItBurke
- Barry + Mindy: #FarberDDSPartyofTwo
- Monica + Pete: #LoverandaFighter
- Ross + Emily: #SmittenBritain
- Ross + Rachel: #RachFoundHerLobster
- Monica + Chandler: #BingGaveHerARing
- Phoebe + Mike: #HanniganCanAgain
- Joey + Charlie: #JoeysAngel
- Ross + Charlie: #DrandDrGeller
- Joey + ??: #TribbianiTime
- Frank + Alice: #BuffayBuffet
- Chandler + Janice: #OhMyBing
- Phoebe + David: #DaveMinsksHerAway
- Rachel + Mark: #TheirLoveBloomingdales
These are just off the top of my head, so don’t judge too harshly. Another favorite of mine is #RingByBing – which could be used by Chandler and anyone. Do you have any better Friends’ wedding hashtags suggestions? Feel free to add your ideas in the comments! For tips creating your own wedding hashtag check out this article from The Knot.