Like every year, one of my goals in 2018 is to read more books. It’s always hard to find the time to do this, but so far this year I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve to hopefully encourage me to reach my goal. The first + easiest trick was to join my office book club. I know have accountability partners + a deadline to get books read. Thanks to my 45-minute commute, I got an Audible subscription. While it isn’t practical for all the books I hope to read, it does work for some + spices up the ride.
Hopefully, in the coming months, I’ll have new book reviews posted, I already have a few in the works. As for my reading goals, I’d like to read at least 12 books this year. Here’s what is on my list.
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins teaches you how to enrich your life + destroy doubt in 5 seconds.
- Book of Joe by Jeff Wilser focuses on the key moments that shaped the charismatic + heartwarming force that is Joe Biden – my favorite aging politician. ✅
- The Everygirl’s Guide to Life by Maria Menounos gives her advice on living life just like her diet + fitness book, which I loved. I’m sure this will be no different.
- Gracious by Kelly Williams Brown gives tips on etiquette with the same flair + sass as her first book, Adulting. If it’s half as good, we’re in for a treat.
- How to Get Sh*t Done by Erin Falconer was featured recently on the Glitter Guide Instagram story + the subtitle + author credentials caught by eye.
- I’m Fine…And Other Lies by Whitney Cummings allows the actor-director-comedian-producer author to tell her own story with humor + realness.
- Money Honey by Rachel Richards – a fellow Skimmbassador – is a “simple 7-step guide for getting our financial $hit together – I know this is something I need to do.
- Notorious RBG by Irin Carmon + Shana Knizhnik tells the incredible story of the life + influence of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Staying Stylish by Candice Cameron Bure tells the beauty, wellness, and style tips of the Hallmark superstar + fitness inspiration.
- That Woman by Anne Sebba tells a fascinating tale of the 20th century Meghan Markel, American-divorcee Wallis Simpson who was worth more than a thrown.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson uses humor + science to back up his argument to do as the title says – its almost an opposite approach of the next book on the list.
- Year of Yes by Shondra Rhimes imparts the wisdom of the TGIT mastermind + her journey to say “yes” more + inspires you to do the same. ✅
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler is supposed to be one of THE funniest books out there + I can’t wait to listen to Amy tell her own story (this is an Audible book for sure). ✅
I also want to read one of Mindy Kahling’s books + a Jane Austen novel, but can’t decide which ones! What do you suggest? Tell me that + what books I should add to the list in the comment section below.