go here Spring has officially sprung. That isn’t much solace for the east coast who is being pounded by their third snowstorm this month, but the rest of the country is enjoying some milder weather. South by Southwest is getting weather in the 80s + tulips are blooming all over Memphis’ medians. With temps rising + the outdoors being much more bearable, it’s time to get out + enjoy! No matter where you’re living, check some things off this spring to-do list for a great season.
go to site The things on this spring to-do list can be checked off alone, with friends + family, or with a significant other. Gather your tribe + have the best spring you can!
- Pick wildflowers. As I mentioned early, the flowers are beginning to bloom. Head out to the nearest field + spend some time frolicking + making flower crowns. You could pick strawberries OR better yet,
- Visit a farmers market. Spring crops will soon be harvested + will be ripe for choosing this season. Bring on the fresh apricots, pineapples, and spinach.
- Plan a spring getaway. You’re never too old for a spring break. Take Easter weekend or a few days where you can get them + give yourself a refresh. Stay stateside or head across the pond if you have more time.
- Plan an epic April Fool’s joke on your boyfriend, co-workers, etc. Looking for a good joke? A few years ago, I virtually sticky noted my roommate’s computer + she hid all of my left shoes.
- Drive with your windows open + your favorite tunes blasting on the radio. It’s the best way to get from point A to point B. If you need a bomb playlist, try my 90s/00s Lady Jams playlist. This may be my favorite item on the spring to-do list.
- Orchestrate an Easter egg hunt. Even if you aren’t religious, everyone loves a good Easter egg hunt. Make it for your friends by making the hunt all over town or by filling the eggs with more adult things like movie tickets or mini bottles.
- Play in the rain. Get in touch with your inner child + splash in some puddles and get good and drenched.
- Pour yourself a drink. Spring is full of reasons to celebrate from Moscato Day (May 9), Mimosa Day (May 16), National Wine Day (May 25), and Rosé Day (June 9).
- Watch some baseball. Spring training is happening now + opening day is earlier than ever – March 29. Whether you have a major, minor, or college team near you, head to the ballpark. Here are the basic rules so you can keep up.
- Pay your taxes. If you’re getting a refund, you’re likely pumped. If you have to pay like I do, it’s a real downer. Either way, pay those puppies by April 17.
- Do good for the environment by celebrating Earth Day (April 22)! Go out and beautify your community or implement strategies to reduce waste. Volunteering will warm your heart and make the earth a better place.
- Flex your green thumb. A few years ago a grew some amazing lavender + basil. They smelled great + lasted until a hail storm took them down. Start your own mini herb garden to up your cooking game.
- Eat outside. Go dine at your favorite restaurant or food truck + enjoy some outdoor dining. Take your morning coffee on your balcony. Patio weather is here!
- Attend a festival. Spring is prime festival season: SXSW, Coachella, Beale Street Music Fest, and Ultra all take place in the spring. If music isn’t your thing there are comedy, wine, BBQ, film, and even book festivals. Pick your fancy.
- Spring cleaning. Although this isn’t glamorous, there is something about cleansing a winter’s worth of filth that is purifying. I’ll be checking this thing off my spring to-do list this week.
- Visit an outdoor attraction. Whether that means hiking to a cool waterfall or (my approach) visiting a winery. Anything that gets you outside + into the fresh air.
- Throw some parties! St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. Cinco de Mayo falls on a Saturday this year which means you have any more time to enjoy for queso + margs. This spring to-do list item makes this Austin-lover happy.
- Read a classic book or poetry. Something about spring makes Shakespeare’s Sonnets and Wuthering Heights come alive. I’ve got an entire Jane Austen library to read + finishing my 2018 reading list.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day. Spend the day with your mom or at least send her something special. No one loves you like your mama + she deserves some appreciation. Show her that appreciation May 13!
- Start a new hobby or pick back up an old one. There’s something about spring that makes us feel renewed. Capitalize on that spirit and start painting or writing or playing the violin. My Q1 + Q2 goals both have some hobbies to enrich my life.
Fully embrace the beauty of spring this year. It really is the freshest and most beautiful season. Everything is coming back to life. So take in some of that extra, fresh air and have some fun by completing this spring to-do list.