We all have it inside us; it creeps up in our highest moments and overtakes us in our lowest. Self-doubt is the devil lurking on our shoulder that’s telling us we aren’t good enough and that we are unworthy of whatever praise or attention is coming our way. NEWS FLASH: that devil is wrong! You are a beautiful, loveable, powerful-ass woman.
When self-doubt starts whispering your ear, it can be hard to feel like the powerhouse you are. Kick your internal hater to the curb with these tips guaranteed to make you feel immediately more powerful and confident:
- http://thejeffersoncountyfair.com/fair-week-information/daily-events-schedule Tap into your inner Amazon. Studies show that striking the Wonder Woman power pose for just 2 minutes can boost your confidence all day long. Stand up straight, put your hands on your hips, and hold your head high like the superhero you are.
- go here Put on a badass accessory. Whether it is a strong statement necklace,a pair of suede booties, or a snake ring that makes you feel a little bit edgy, putting on an accessory that you love and looks badass is a great way to feel, well, badass.
- http://videoworldpr.com/component/k2/itemlist/user/1024-2014-11-27-16-54-03/?start=80 Listen to your power playlist. Don’t have one? You can use mine. Songs from Shania Twain, T-Swift, and Beyoncé, help me get pumped for a meeting, interview, or even a date. It’s like you have your own inspirational chorus cheering you on.
- Pamper yourself. If you’re feeling down, do something that makes you feel confident and nurtured. A fresh manicure, luxurious face mask, or even just a bath is the perfect way to relax and practice a little self-love.
- Repeat a mantra. Tell yourself over and over again that you are enough or that you are intelligent; that you know what you are doing. Saying it over and over until you believe it. You can also just repeat a quote you love. My 2018 mantra is courtesy of Olympic figure skater, Adam Rippon: “I’m a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.”
- Brush up on your knowledge. No matter what the situation, read up on the subject. Research your interviewer, beef up your understanding on the meeting topic, or just increase your knowledge overall by reading the week’s biggest stories so you can crush any conversation. If you only have 5 minutes, try reading a skim of the day’s top stories.
- Look 🔥. Along the same lines of wearing a badass accessory, take extra time to get ready. I always feel much more confident when I know my eyebrows are on fleek. A statement lip color, my go-to is red, is another way to feel like you’re owning every room.
- Assume you are owning the room. Inspirational goddess, Maxie McCoy’s, trick for confidence is to assume everyone in the room is into until they prove otherwise. We so often project our negativity and self-doubt on to others as if they, too, think them. They are just as likely in their own heads as you are!
- Get a pep talk. Call your mom, your husband, your bestie – whoever your biggest fan is. Let them tell you how great you are. Call on your tribe to boost your confidence. If calling isn’t an option, just think back to some of their past pep talks and praise. Soak that in.
- Tell yourself how great you are. List off your accomplishments. You have done amazing things that got you where you are. You earned the right to be there. Tell yourself that and give examples of those achievements.
- Feed your superstition. Maybe you have a lucky pair of undies. Perhaps eating almonds is always a good omen. Or maybe you carry a crystal in your pocket. Whatever superstitions and good luck charms make you feel comfortable and secure, do them! It can’t hurt to add some extra juju and it will help ease your mind.
- Enjoy the experience! Get out of your own head and listening to what’s going on around you. Don’t miss out on a great experience because you’re spending your time worrying you don’t belong. Make yourself belong and next time it will be that much easier.
Doing one (or more) of these tips is sure to get you feeling confident and powerful in no time!