We’ve made it through the first quarter of 2018! That means time is up for accomplishing my quarter one goals + it’s time to look forward to quarter two. To be frank, quarterly goals are a lot harder than I thought! You think you have so much more time than you do. While I didn’t reach all my goals, I am pretty pleased with what I was able to accomplish + what I can build on in the new quarter. 0/10 recommend so many lofty goals when starting a new job – but I wouldn’t trade a second of it. While all my goals are specific to me, I think you’ll find a little inspiration for your own Q2 goals.
But first, a Q1 Recap
- Financial goal: ✅I’ve got a set amount each month going to savings, travel, and debt repayment.
- Knowledge goals: ⚠ I’m about 2 commutes away from finishing my fourth book – which is pretty good considering I didn’t get the full three months to read (or listen). Duolingo didn’t see any visits from me this quarter, however.
- Health goals: ⚠ I don’t know what I was thinking here. I killed it with the 96-ounce challenge but going 32 miles + waking up 30 minutes early didn’t happen.
- Career goals: ✅ While I didn’t officially join an organization, I did work with one. I also put on my digital capabilities lunch + learn (drink + think and Pop Tart Social) for 90% of our office!
- Blog goals: ✅ While I wasn’t published by name, a post I wrote for work was published by the Memphis Chamber of Commerce blog. In retrospect, a blog traffic increase wasn’t the best goal considering it launched in January, but I did increase my traffic so, mission accomplished?
- Personal goal: ⚠ Through my work’s civic time, I have been working with a local volunteer group to improve their digital marketing efforts. I may not have started learning calligraphy, but I did up my graphic design game with monthly backgrounds + buy an online class to help instruct me in calligraphy.
- source Financial goals: Make some extra money. I’ll continue saving, but adding some extra income will help me achieve those goals even faster. Be on the lookout for an Etsy or Poshmark shop in my near future. Or if you want some help with your digital strategy + tactics, let me know!
- http://stampinkpaper.com/?p=2296 Knowledge goals: Aside from building on 4 books a quarter (here’s my list), my Q2 goals will be to complete the rest of my quarter one initiative. Refresh what I used to know of Italian + my knowledge of US + European capitals as well as the professional sports teams.
- modafinil to buy Health goals: My big goal this quarter is going to be making more of my mornings by getting up earlier. If anyone has any tips – send them my way! I’d also like to try a fun, new workout class. Give me your Memphis recs.
- Career goals: While I would like to put on another workshop this quarter, my big goal will be to attend a conference or get another certification. In my current work situation, none of my (amazing) up lines do exactly what I do so I need to look outside the company to make sure my skills are sharpened.
- Blog goals: I’ve been a little lax here recently. One of my biggest Q2 goals is to continue to build my audience. I’d love to grow the Facebook page to over 100 likes + I’d like to grow my newsletter subscribers by 15%. Want to help? Like or subscribe! Subscribers get first dibs at exclusive content + giveaways (spoiler one may be coming soon).
- Personal goals: Learning calligraphy is still at the top of my list. I also want to learn more about my city + explore it further. This is good news for you! Look for Memphis-centric content at least once a month.
Another thing I’ll be up to this spring, trying to complete my spring to-do list. How many items can you get checked off before the end of Q2? Follow me on Instagram to see if I’m sticking to this quarter’s goals + GSD on this to-do list!