Getting up early is not something I excel at – especially on weekends. As a lover of breakfast food, this used to be a problem, but not anymore. Now that the gospel of brunch has traveled across the depths of urban and suburban America, I can get my snooze on while still enjoying delicious eggs or french toast. Tennessee is fully on the brunch train + I love trying new places to brunch in Memphis. Whether you want something classic or with a little New Orleans flair, Memphis has a brunch spot for you – no matter what area of town you live in. Check out some of my favorite spots this weekend + get your brunch on!
Where to Brunch in Downtown Memphis
- Bedrock Eats & Sweets: Enjoy your brunch with a Paleo spin. Bedrock gives you all the healthy vibes without compromise the true essence of brunch. I recommend the Maple Bacon French Toast.
- Carolina Watershed: If southern-style cooking is what you’re craving, head down to Carolina Watershed for dishes that just can’t do wrong.
- Edge Alley: Enjoy brunch all Sunday long at this hip downtown spot. Make it Memphis-y by trying their Smoked Pork Benedict or Beef Brisket Hash.
- Majestic Grille: When you’re feeling fancy, this converted theater is the brunch spot for you. The vibes cannot be beaten.
- Pontotoc: Transport yourself to a little sidewalk cafe in New York or Chicago at this spot on Main Street. You may be downtown, but you’ll feel a million miles away.
- Sunrise Memphis: Not only do they have a bangin’ weekend brunch, but they also offer it on Mondays for those working brunch on the weekend. Truly the real brunch MVPs.
Where to Brunch in Midtown Memphis
- Alchemy: Treat yo self to small plates, big plates, and sides at this spot in the Cooper-Young District. They have house-made sausage!
- The Beauty Shop: This may be the most classic Memphis brunch spot. No “where to brunch in Memphis” post is complete without their mention. Try out breakfast from around the world or keep it simple with Banana Pancakes
- The Bayou: If Cajun-inspired food is what you want, look no further than Bayou + their Crab Stuffed Shrimp.
- Café Eclectic: They may serve breakfast every day, but their brunch menu has a slew of extras for you to choose from including an array of Benedicts.
- The Liquor Store: While they’re located on Broad Avenue, this diner gives tropical vibes that will make you feel like you’re on the beach + a cocktail menu that might make you believe you’re really there.
- The Second Line: Another New Orleans-inspired spot, this restaurant has a big patio + all the po’boys your heart desires.
Where to Brunch in East Memphis + Beyond
- Brother Junipers: This breakfast OG may not be what your aesthetic dreams are made of, but their food makes it all worth it. You’ll be too busy enjoying their open-faced omelets than gramming anyway.
- Hog & Hominy: This Italian-inspired brunch menu is just what your weekend needed. We should all be eating more pizza for brunch if you ask me.
- Rise Biscuits + Donuts: Located in Saddle Creek, this breakfast joint is all about light, fluffy biscuits served your way. Whether you want chicken, country ham, or avocado, they got you.
- Staks: All of your pancake dreams will come true at Staks. Seriously, you can cook your pancakes yourself with a variety of add-ins!
- Strano: Get your fancy pants on because Chef Jonathan has created an amazing brunch with great cocktails to boot! I recommend one of their breakfast bowls + a Hummingbird.
- Stoney River: This may be a steakhouse at night, but their brunch is killer. Enjoy a craft of Bellinis + Monte Cristo to start your weekend off right.
Whether you’re downtown, midtown, or even out in the burbs, there is somewhere close by to have an amazing brunch in Memphis. With the food culture continuing to grow + spread across the area, I can’t wait to see what brunch places pop up next! Where is your favorite place for brunch in the 901?