Do you remember way back in the day, when Instagram only let you have square images? Back in the dark ages, we used apps to retrofit our photos into a square format. As you can tell from the photos below, I did my fair share with my favorite resizing app, Instasize!
Back before the pre-multiple uploads + Insta Story years, if you didn’t get a birthday collage, were you really even friends (no)? The more pictures you put with someone, the deeper your friendship really was. Collages weren’t just for birthdays, though. They were the only way to showcase multiple photos without breaking the unspoken rule of NEVER posting more than once. Instasize again came to save the day! I can’t tell you how much time I spent picking the right collage to fit all the photos I had.
The modern side of Instasize
Those are the ways I used Instasize in the past – and sometimes present. Now, the software has so many great uses I recently rediscovered. Thanks to a premium membership (courtesy of Instasize), I have been able to see some of the awesome features outside of my previous uses. This tool not only lets you resize like a pro, but it also has tools to help you edit your pictures for blemishes + tons of amazing filters. Here are my top 5 favorite features of Instasize.
- The tanning feature. Listen, it is fall + my legs have gotten pretty pale. Usually, I have the presence of mind to add a little self-tanner (this is my favorite) but sometimes, I forget. You can also still see some of my leg scrapes from my adventure down the stairs in Nashville, so adding some color makes it not so noticeable.
- Adding different formats. Not only does Instasize help you make your images square for your feed, but it also lets you put them in other formats like Instastory. This can be great for resizing + styling images you didn’t take in the app as the sizing is a little different. It also allows you to add cute backgrounds + text.
- Text feature. Not only can you add text to your stories, but you can also add it to any photo. I normally use Canva to make my photo quotes, but this app has so many cute fonts to choose from + is super mobile friendly. It’s perfect to use on the go or anytime!
- Lux lighting. I’m not positive what this feature does technically, but adding lux to my images has made them look fab.
- All the filters! They have so many awesome filters to choose from no matter what your aesthetic is. They have a list of some of their favorite filters for fall which I applied to the images below. Check out the before + two afters I had fun making with Instasize!
Download the app today to play around with some of their free features. You can also get a FREE trial of premium to try out those features like tanning before making the commitment of $4.99/mo. If you’re another blogger out there Instasize is definitely one of the better-priced tools for all the amazing features you have access to. Try it today!