Valentine’s Day may be right around the corner, but spending time with your significant other should be a priority year round. Though some people struggle, planning a good date isn’t as hard as you think. In fact, with the right inspiration, planning them can be downright fun! Whether you love to plan or need to get out of a rut, these cute date ideas are sure to show you + your honey a great time.
There is no shame in enjoying the old standby of dinner + a movie, but why not put a twist in your date night that shakes things up. No matter what type of couple you are, you can enjoy one of these cute date ideas.
Cute Date Ideas for…
For the Basic
- Dance lessons – don’t go out to the club, learn to Samba or Waltz so you can show off your skills at the next wedding you attend.
- Progressive dinner – if you aren’t familiar, it’s where you do appetizers, main course, and dessert at different restaurants. It’s a great way to try new places or enjoy all your faves.
- Cooking class – skip the restaurant altogether + learn to make a new dish at Sur la Table or your local culinary school.
- Top Golf – mini golf is the old standby, but Top Golf allows you to start in one place, enjoy dinner or drinks, and tracks your scores for you.
- Rock climbing gym – get your blood flowing + adrenaline pumping. Even if where you like is flat (like Memphis) you can still get vertical.
- Scavenger hunt – gallivant across the city + do little sight-seeing while solving clues. Time to find out how well you work as a team. There’s even an app for that!
- Ax throwing – (shh don’t tell) but this is part of my plan this Valentine’s Day. Test your aim while trying this unique activity. I’ll be at Civil Axe!
- Escape room – another great way to test your teamwork is to see if you two can manage to escape from one of these rooms of riddles before your time runs out.
For the Creative
- BYOB paint – there’s wine, there is painting, what more could you need? You even leave this date with a keepsake.
- Pottery class – paging Patrick Swayze…not only do you get to use your hands, but you can make something you’ll actually use like a mug or vase.
- Photoshoot – take some couple pictures or even something ridiculous. You could use these as a Christmas card or just have a picture of the two of you without a bar in the background.
- Karaoke – whether you do this in public or just at home, belt out your favorite songs + put on a show for one another.
- Drive-in movie – my boyfriend and I both love movies. If you can’t go to the Blue Starlight in warm Austin, you can still stay cozy in your car at a drive-in. BYO Snacks.
- Sporting event – I’ll be attending the inaugural game of Memphis’ new pro (AAF) football team, the Memphis Express! Baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer are also great options.
- Theatre + drinks in a hotel lobby – this is a little like dinner + a movie, but if you fancy. Get dolled up + go see a play at your local theatre + drinks in a swanky hotel bar. I recommend The Peabody (Memphis) + The W (Austin).
- City tour – play tourist for a day + see your city. Bonus points if your city is cool enough to offer helicopter or Segway tours.
For the Homebody
- Date Box – I haven’t personally tried Date Box, but my friends that have loved it. It’s a subscription service that sends everything you need for a fun date night in or out. If you’re looking for reviews, hit me up, Date Box.
- Game night – invite all your couple friends over for a night of Cards Against Humanity, What Do You Meme, Code Names, or some other game you love. You could also find a two-player game to keep it one-on-one.
- Create your own tasting party – Buy 4-8 mini bottles of different spirits or a six-pack of assorted craft beers + try out some new beverages with your honey without having to go to the brewery/distillery.
- Plan your next vacay – stay in + plan where you want to go on your next getaway. Bonus points if you eat food that is on theme like tacos, BBQ, hot chicken or Philly cheese steaks.
No matter what cute date ideas you choose, putting in the time + effort to plan something with your significant other is sure to lead to a fun night. Hopefully, these give you some ideas for Valentine’s day. Looking for an outfit to wear on one of these dates? Check out some of my favorite date night outfits!