February may be the last meteorological month of winter, but boy is it a doozy. It’s typically the month when Memphis sees enough of snow to get kids out of school for at least a day or so. It’s also about the time people start daydreaming about warmer destinations + planning for spring break. My mind has been lost on a sunny island for days now. While there are of course tropical vacation destinations in the US, Europe, South America, and Asia, I’m itching to head out for an island getaway. These are my top tropical vacation destinations + guides from some of my favorite bloggers.
Top Tropical Vacation Destinations
- Puerto Rico – technically PR is part of the US, but it deserves a shout out all its own for being a gorgeous paradise. Though the island was struck by major storms last hurricane season, it’s important we continue to support them with aid + tourism dollars. Check out this guide to San Juan from The Goldlines.
- Cuba – for decades there was a ban on American travel to Cuba + for Cubans to leave their own country. While there is currently an advisory for Americans traveling to the country, it has recently been softened. All the images you see of Cuba show vibrant people + architecture plus classic American cars.
- The Bahamas – Fyre Festival aside, the Bahamas are gorgeous. The crystal clear water, swimming with pigs, friendly people, it’s the perfect location to get a little rest + relaxation.
- Fiji – this is number one on my boyfriend’s list + after looking at pictures, it’s definitely now on mine. Between the waterfalls + the coral reef, this is one of the tropical vacation destinations you must see.
- French Polynesia – whether you want to be active or just a beach bum, French Polynesia is the perfect spot. Adventures of a Pilot wife has ten reasons you need to take a trip here.
- Bora Bora – I may have been inspired by a Kardashian vacay, but you can’t deny that Bora Bora is one of the most quintessential tropical vacation destinations. You’re lying to yourself if you think you don’t want to enjoy a spa day over the waters there.
- Turks + Caicos – grab yourself some beach reads because you’re going to get use out of them as you sip some cocktails on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I basically HAVE to visit the Conch Farm now…
- The Maldives – it may be one of the smallest countries, but size isn’t everything. Made up of over one thousand islands, you’re sure to find your own slice of paradise.
- Aruba – a popular honeymoon destination in the 80s + 90s, this island still has all its charm. It’s also located outside the hurricane belt which is a huge plus for your travel plans. the food, cocktails, and ambiance will make it so that you never want to leave.
- Seychelles Islands – the most fun of facts, this country is actually a Matriarchal society so sign me up! Because of its size, it is easy to hop from island to island to enjoy all the nation has to offer. With three big islands, it’s basically three vacations in one.
Hopefully, you’re inspired to get out of the cold + start planning your spring getaway. Do you have some favorite tropical vacation destinations? Let me know over on Instagram!