Fall is fully upon us, which means winter is not far off. I may hate wearing coats, but I love cold weather. I love cozy sweaters + leggings, hot cocoa, and most importantly, the holiday season. What I don’t like is how harsh it can be on your skin. Thankfully, I’ve got a few cold weather beauty tips up my sleeve to keep me + my skin looking fresh no matter how frightful it gets outside.
Cold Weather Beauty Tips
- MOISTURIZE. If you do nothing else this season, do that. Personally, I use a nourishing body wash + various lotions to keep my skin hydrated. I also make sure to use scrubs on my face + body regularly plus get a face mask whenever I can.
- Keep your environment humid. A humidifier is a great way to hydrate your skin, reduce static cling, and keep you healthy.
- Moisturize from the inside out. Drinking more water is crucial to keeping your skin hydrated. Your skin will be clearer + more elastic thanks to some additional H2O.
- Opt for cream makeup. A powder is great in the summer when you’re trying to soak up excess moisture but in the winter, you need something a little more nourishing. Cream/liquid foundation + blush is a great way to avoid drying out your skin.
- Keep your lips kissable. Chapstick + a lip scrub combination are a cold weather beauty tip that will keep your lips perfectly kissable all year round. Be sure to opt for a lipstick that provides moisture as well. I’m currently obsessed with this one by Maybelline. Don’t be afraid to experiment with darker colors.
- Wear gloves! Beauty is about more than just your face. Keep your hands protected from the cold, dry air so they stay soft and silky.
- Avoid too much heat. Your humidifier will help protect you from dry air, but not hot showers. It can be tempting to take steaming hot showers + baths in winter, but try to keep the temperature down. Hot water is notoriously bad for your hair, skin, and nails.
- Speaking of hair, that can dry out, too. Be sure to deep condition weekly to keep it moist + luxurious. Deep condition the same day you exfoliate + you’ll have yourself a nice spa night once a week.
- Find things that do double duty. I’m the first to admit I am pale in the winter. You’ll probably be able to see through my skin by January. That’s why I’ll be turning to lotions with some sunless tanner in them. Help me look a little more human + a little less Casper this year. If I’m in a bind, I’ll be looking at Instasize for help.
- Focus on other areas. Winter means spending more time indoors which means more time for your beauty routine. This gives you time to really improve your nails or smile, among other things. I’ve been using Smile Brilliant to give me a whiter, brighter smile this year. Check for a post featuring my results, soon!
No matter your skin type of region, your beauty routine could use a revamp for the winter months. These cold weather beauty tips hopefully offer you manageable tips to keep your skin + hair flawless this year. Have some beauty products you love during fall/winter? Comment them below or over on Instagram!