I love a cookie. When I was younger + you asked me what kind of cake I wanted, the answer was a cookie cake. Something about the ooey-gooey chocolate mix always had me sold. My boyfriend is a big-time cookies + cream guy, so you know I was excited when I found out that cookies + cream chocolate chip pudding cookies existed.
Like my favorite Friends character, Monica Geller, I have always wanted to know how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie from scratch. It isn’t just about the perfect blend of ingredients – although that is a big part of it. It’s also about getting the right consistency, shape + cooking them at the right temperature the right amount of time. While not totally from scratch, these cookies + cream chocolate chip pudding cookies are a big step in the right direction since the pudding is really the only pre-mixed ingredient.
I first made these cookies last February as a little treat for the beau. They were so simple + fun to make, I thought I would share them with you as well! I saw the Oreo pudding mix at Kroger and thought it would be a good treat. I off-hand decided to see if there was anything that required a little more technique that just adding milk and whisking. There were SO many good ideas on Pinterest, don’t be surprised to see more pudding mix creations, but for now, on to the cookies!
Cookies + Cream Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 package of Oreo/cookies + cream pudding mix
- 8 Oreos (crushed)
- While the oven pre-heats to 325º, sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Cream together butter and sugar in your stand mixer.
- Add in pudding and mix until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until blended.
- Slowly add in sifted flour mixture.
- Once blended, add in Oreos and 9 ounces of chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls (should make around 3 dozen depending on how large you make them. Aim for 1″).
- Place on a lined baking sheet + add remaining chocolate chips to the top/outside of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!
I hope you find these cookies + cream chocolate chip pudding cookies as fun + delicious as I do. Do you have any cookie tips? Send them my way in the comments or on Instagram!