I’m not sure where the tradition of mimosas began, but they – along with the bloody mary – popped up to help the brunch crowd keep it boozy. While the standard OJ + champagne combo is tried and true, it’s always fun to get a little out of the box with your breakfast beverage. It’s even more fun when you have a variety of options with a mimosa bar.
Mimosa bars are fantastic for your event. They are inexpensive yet fancy – basically my two favorite things. They’re simple to put together and require minimal prep. They can easily upgrade any brunch, shower, or lazy Sunday. I made one recently for a work happy hour. Every month we do a bar cart Friday. This past one with the mimosa bar was the most popular, yet!
How to stock your Mimosa bar:
- Bubbly – I choose Cupcake Prosecco because it is my favorite. I would estimate you need one bottle of champagne per six people.
- Juices – I recommend 3-4 types of juice. The number of bottles you’ll need will depend on the number of people you have. I bottle per 10 people. Orange, grapefruit, cranberry, mixed berry, and mango are great juice options.
- Assorted fruit – You should have at least the number of fruits as you do juices. Good fruit options are strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple, and citrus.
- Carafes – You don’t *have* to store your juices in a carafe, but it just looks better.
- Ramekins – If you’re going to have carafes, you need something cute to serve your fruit in as well!
- Glasses – whether you use real champagne glasses or small plastic cups, you want something transparent so guests can see + admire each other’s combinations.
- Liqueur – While this step is totally optional, elderflower or other liqueur make a great addition to champagne and mimosas.
While brunch is an awesome time to host your mimosa bar, it’s not the only option. Because spring events are all about freshness, a mimosa bar is a perfect addition to one of these themes, especially the pool opening, farmers market, and garden gnomes themes. While I certainly don’t recommend it for every event, it is great for any happening before 5 PM.