Quarter three has come + gone. This may have been the quickest quarter yet thanks to several trips + hectic time at work. But, it is the last quarter of my 2018 resolution challenge, so I am hoping to finish strong. There are only EIGHTY-NINE days left this year + in the fourth quarter. I don’t know about you, but that feels like so little time. The holidays are basically around the corner + I need to get ready.
I’m taking part in Rachel Hollis’ 90-day challenge. Technically, I haven’t actually started yet so I’m thinking it will be more of an 80-day challenge, but the challenge has certainly influenced my goals for this quarter. Before we dig into that, here is how I did with last quarter – it was a big ole fail.
- Financial goal: Money is a little tighter thanks to my 401k contributions + insurance, but I am glad to have my emergency fund 1/3 funded. ✅
- Knowledge goal: Another thing 1/3 of the way completed is Anna Karenina. Even at 1.5x speed, this book is long! So long, in fact, that I snuck a few books in between to give my brain a rest.
- Health goal: I’d like to blame my failure to master the Karavolades stairs on falling down the stairs at Nissan Stadium, but I can’t put the full blame on that. A lot of it had to do with procrastination.
- Career goal: While not officially in this quarter, I am attending my first meeting with the local ADPi chapter next week. I have also become more active with AAF + joined several blogger Facebook groups. ✅
- Blog goal: I saw great success growing my Instagram this quarter! I even exceeded my 20% goal by 8%! I am excited to keep this trend going. ✅
- Personal goal: I am not too big to admit I had some very serious anxiety this quarter ever since returning from Philadelphia. While I seem to have mostly gotten it under control, I did manage to get outside my comfort zone on these trips. ✅
Fourth Quarter Goals
- Financial goal: My financial goal this quarter is also kind of a blog goal. I want to secure five partnership where I am compensated in some way. That could be through money or products and services. So far I have three planned for the fourth quarter.
- Knowledge goal: First things first, I need to finish Anna Karenina. I also need to complete my reading list challenge of 12 books in 2018. It should be easy enough since I keep buying books! I may up the ante to reading 5 books (+ Anna Karenina) this quarter! I also need to get myself into gear learning Italian.
- Health goal: I am again returning to my challenge to increase my cardio during the fourth quarter. I am forgoing the steps this time since they were my demise at the Taylor Swift concert. Inspired by the 90-day challenge + its goal of working out more, I am going to get my elliptical on at least 2 hours a week, #babysteps. I also want to drink more water + learn how to incorporate essential oils into my health routine.
- Career goal: This quarter, I want to focus my career efforts on mastering a new discipline: email. Obviously, I dabble with this from a personal perspective with the Chatty Katty, but I want to tackle it in a way that can help my clients – who are mostly B2B – drive leads + sales. Send me your favorite resources!
- Blog goal: Riding on the high of my 28% growth, this quarter I am aiming to grow my Instagram following 31%, which will take me to 1,000! If you want to help me reach this goal (which you totally do, right?) then hit that follow button because there will be some sort of giveaway when I hit that mark (+ stay there for at least a week). Seeing as I am producing DOUBLE the content, I would also like to see my blog traffic grow by a quarter.
- Personal goal: My personal goal for the fourth quarter is to enjoy life a little more + keep it together. I keep letting the busy-ness of everything I have going on overwhelm me which leads to a cluttered brain + a cluttered room. This quarter I will keep those both a little cleaner. I also want to have better plans in place for all these categories to tackle 2019!
What do you have planned for the rest of this year? We have three months left to make the most of 2018, let’s get to it!