The city of Memphis has a long history of neighborhood diversity. From the suburbs to Soulsville, many sectors of the city boast their own unique identity. No neighborhood is quite as eclectic as Midtown, Memphis. Midtown is considered by some where all the hipsters + hippies congregate, but it is also filled with stately manners that attract some of the richest Memphians. It is centrally located within the city making it a short commute to almost any work. When they aren’t working, Midtown residents are enjoying some of the amazing local eateries.
While a few of the spots on this list were discussed in my Memphis Happy Hours blog post, they are all worth bringing up again in the context of their location in Midtown, Memphis.
My Favorite Midtown, Memphis Eateries
- Babalu – Babalu has two locations in Memphis, but the Midtown one is the best in my opinion. Not only is it cute + well designed, but the food is delicious + the tableside guacamole has never failed me.
- Molly la Casitas – There are many Mexican restaurants in the area, but his one is by far the best. They are known for their half-and-half margaritas. One half is frozen, the other is on the rocks. It’s a unique taste on a classic drink.
- Young Avenue Deli – The other side of the food spectrum in Young Avenue Deli. A little divier than my other two favorites, Young Ave has some of the best mozzarella sticks ever.
Other Great Midtown Spots
- Huey’s – great burgers in every zip code
- Casablanca – Moroccan food
- Next Door – upscale American food with a twist
- Hop Doddy – upscale burgers
- Redfish – sushi
- Lucky Cat Ramen – delicious ramen
- Bhan Thai – good patio, great Thai food
- Railgarten – great atmosphere with a bar + diner
- Cove – divey spot locals love
- Rec Room – filled with arcade + video games
- Atomic Tiki – cool drink with Hawaiian vibes
- Beauty Shop – one of the best brunches in town
No matter what style of food you’re in the mood for, Midtown, Memphis has something you’ll love.