Now that Memphis is warming up, so is the social scene. Better-ish weather (if you don’t count the rain) means festivals, farmers markets, and fun events are taking place all over the city. Whether you want to support a non-profit, drink good beer, or both, there is an awesome event for you to attend. Here are some of the spring events in Memphis happening in the next few months! You might want to pull out your calendar so you can add these activities to your spring to-do list.
Spring Events in Memphis
April may have already begun, but some of the best events of the month have yet to occur. Here are five I am pumped for.
- Memphis Fashion Week may be the pinnacle of spring events in Memphis. Designers, fashionistas, and hip people across the city gather to see the latest designs from local designers. April 11-13
- Hoedown for Hope supports Hope House Memphis, a non-profit that helps support children families affected by HIV. It’s a western theme complete with a mechanical bull! April 12
- Southern Hot Wing Festival is another charity event which supports the #1 non-profit in my heart, Ronald McDonald House Charities. I love the cause + the boyfriend loves wings so it’s a win-win. April 14
- Roar and Pour takes place at the zoo and features delicious food + cocktails plus it’s after hours at the amazing Memphis Zoo which honestly just makes it more fun. April 26
- MidSouth Food Truck Festival is an amazing opportunity to sample foods from your favorite + soon-to-be favorite trucks. Dozens of trucks will be rounded up at the Liberty Bowl so you won’t have to go chase them down. April 27
If you asked me what the busiest month in the bluff city was, I would for sure say May. There are so many spring events in Memphis as part of Memphis in may alone, it’s hard to choose just a few, but here they are.
- Beale Street Music Fest has been around for as long as I can remember – even before I knew music festivals were cool. This year’s line up includes The Killers, Cardi B, and Madison Beer (who I am LOVING right now). May 3-5
- Cooper-Young Pup Crawl is an event that allows you to explore the bars and shops in the Cooper-Young district all while supporting the dogs (and cats) at the Human Society of Memphis + Shelby County. May 9
- Greek Fest is such a cool event. As someone who is not so secretly bummed to not be Greek, I love experiencing their culture as authentically as I can so far from Europe. I’m excited to go this year. May 11-12
- BBQ Fest aka the World Championship of BBQ is so Memphis. Dozens of teams compete to see who is the ultimate smokemaster. There is BBQ, of course, drinks, games, music, and more. It’s a can’t-miss event. May 15-18
- Memphis Italian Festival is like if Greek Fest + BBQ Fest had a baby. You need an insider connection to get the best food, but there is so much culture to enjoy. May 31-June 2
Aside from these specific events, there are also plenty of other spring events in Memphis that happen semi-regularly. The Dixon has some awesome events + you know if wine + flowers are involved, I’m in. You can also get your athletic fix by attending Redbirds or 901 FC games during the spring #GoBirds. You can also spend your weekends strolling through the farmers’ market after lunch or spend your evenings at the Summer Drive-In.
No matter which events you choose to enjoy, you’re bound to have fun at these spring events in Memphis.