I’ve written an entire blog series called “Places to Visit.” In these posts, I detail all the amazing places there are to visit in the US, the rest the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa, the tropics, and Australia. While these posts share dozens of great places to visit in, they aren’t necessarily my travel bucket list.
As I watched Hurricane Dorian bear down on the Bahamas this week, I thought about all the locals who’s homes + businesses that were destroyed. Even more so, I think about the economic impact that the lack of tourism will have on these areas, the same way it affected Puerto Rico after Maria. I also thought about Notre Dame + how lucky I was to see it in its glory. Both of these facts make me want to travel even more so that I can see all the beautiful places + support local economies (through ethical travel) before it is too late.
My Travel Bucket List Top 15
There are so, so many I want to visit in my life that it is hard to narrow them down. Some are listed as countries to help make these ten items really last. I have already checked off some places on my original list like Chicago + some on this list are places I want to revisit – it doesn’t really count if you’re under 18 anyway, right?
- Santorini – This is numero uno on my bucket list. I have wanted to go there for years + years. It is so beautiful + looks so peaceful. I hope to make it there on my honeymoon or maybe even sooner. Let me know if you need a travel bucket list check-off buddy!
- Italy – I want it all. I want to tour the ruins in Rome, walk the streets of Verona, eat pizza in Naples, and make a snow angel in the alps. If I could live my own Eat, Pray, Love in Italy, I would.
- Croatia (and Malta) – I’m not saying my desire to visit Croatia is based off on the fact that a large percentage of Mamma Mia 2 was filmed there, but I am saying I want to see Malta largely because of this incident. They’re both so beautiful, I hardly need another reason.
- The United Kingdom – I have been to both London + Ireland, but there is still so much in this region I want to see. I want to go to the English countryside, the Cliff of Moher, and Scotland.
- Iceland – Iceland has become more popular recently + I can see why. The landscaping is beautiful. It’s like a permanent winter wonderland.
- Southern France (and Monaco) – The Grace Kelly in me wants to visit the tiny Mediterranean country. The South of France is in that same vein and after Hilary Rushford Collyer got married there, I was sold. The vibe seems to be everything I love. Chill but still a bit fancy.
- Savannah, GA – I’ve been to Charleston before + absolutely want to go back, but I also want to visit it’s Georgia counterpart. There is something about an old southern city that is just beautiful.
- Alaska – Doesn’t everyone want to go to Alaska? My grandparents went on several cruises there when I was growing up so there is something very nostalgic about it to me.
- Seattle, WA – It may seem a little mundane compared to the other places on my travel bucket list, but I would love to visit Seattle with its grey skies + public market.
- Arizona – Arizona is such a delightful place. After helping my mom plan her trip to Phoenix next year, I got the bug to want to travel there. Then I saw Hotel Valley Ho on Instagram + I was sold! I also want to see the Grand Canyon first hand.
Palm Springs – If Santorini is going to be my honeymoon, then Palm Springs will be my bachelorette weekend. This dessert town is ADORABLE with all it’s pink + cacti. It’s basically a spa paradise. Just look at this house!
- Mexico – Cancun, Cozumel, all the beaches in Mexico are so beautiful. I have many friends who have made it south of the border + one day I hope to be one!
- Australia – I would want to start my Australian journey in Sydney since I have family there. If you’ve read my post, then you can see all the other places I’d want to stop by.
- Singapore – Hopefully, I don’t need to be crazy, rich in order to have the time of my life in Singapore. It is such an interesting place that marries both new + old world. It makes it a wonderful introduction to Asia.
- South Africa – The African continent isn’t too high on my travel bucket list but there are plenty of amazing places I’d want to see, like South Africa.
It’s worth noting that I would LOVE to make it to all 50 states. I’ve been to 27 so far, so I’m a little over halfway there. I’ve got the southeast covered, but the northwest needs a little love. These are just 15 out of the dozens of places I want to go. What is on your travel bucket list?