Winter is a magical season. It’s the holiday season + the most wonderful time of the year. With this year’s early Thanksgiving + cooler than normal temps, it feels like winter snuck up on us too soon. Nevertheless, cooler temperatures are here + so is the winter to-do list. Whether you are a Scrooge at heart or Buddy the Elf, you’re sure to find activities on this list to bring your heart joy during these cool months!
Winter To-Do List
- Get your decoration on! One of the best parts of the holiday season is all the twinkly lights + decorations. No matter how big your space is, you can adorn your home with festive decor. Check out this post to learn how to decorate on a budget.
- Take care of your skin! Don’t let the cold weather wreak havoc on your beauty routine. Implement these tips to stay smooth + fresh all winter long. This is a MUST on the winter to-do list.
- Enjoy some winter beverages. I’m partial to hot chocolate, myself, but you can warm up with apple cider or get a little saucy with eggnog. Soon, the weather will be too warm to enjoy these delicious seasonal drinks so you better get it done with the winter to-do list.
- Watch some classic Christmas movies. If you know me, you know I LOVE Christmas + Christmas movies. So far this season I have had my fill of classics + Hallmark movies, alike. I’ve already checked off Home Alone (1-3), Christmas Vacation, and The Holiday.
- Get your cookie on. Christmas isn’t Christmas without cookies, hello! What would Santa eat?! Whether using the slice + bake or creating some adorable reindeer cookie a la my recipe, spending some time baking will get you in the holiday spirit.
- Spread some love to your Jewish neighbors. Hanukkah may have ended on December 10, but that doesn’t mean you can’t throw a Christmakkuh party or show solidarity + support to the Jewish people in your life after a year of increased anti-semitism. Also, how could you turn down an excuse to eat latkes?
- Soak up all the holiday jams. Here in Memphis, we have two channels that play Christmas music all day long during December. Between that + Spotify, I never go too long without hearing from Bing Crosby. Don’t be afraid to sing-a-long either. Caroling is also on the winter to-do list!
- Build a gingerbread house. This is one of my favorite winter activities. You can get a house or even village from Target for as little as $10. I recommend getting some additional candy so you can really put a personalize spin on your gingerbread creation.
- Celebrate Christmas. No matter how you + your family observe the season, spread some holiday cheer with the ones you love. It’s the perfect time of year to let your loved ones know they matter to you + get in some good quality time.
- Go ice skating. I have only been a few times, but I have enjoyed it. Once you get the hang of it, you feel downright graceful. In Memphis, you can ice skate at the Zoo. If you’re in Austin, the Lamar Whole Foods has your Adam Rippon dreams covered.
- Set yourself up for success in the new year. I’m not going to reveal my New Year’s Resolution just yet, I can tell you I am already thinking about the ways I want to be better in 2019. So while you’re sipping champagne + kissing your sweetheart, you should also be mentally preparing to make next year your best yet!
- Roast some things by the open fire. Whether chestnuts, popcorn, or s’mores, warm yourself up with toasting some goodness. If you don’t have a fireplace at your disposal, check out a bar that may have one. Loflin Yard in Memphis not only has a fireplace but also has everything you need for some s’mores.
- Find yourself some snow. Hopefully, you’ll be lucky enough to get a little winter wonderland this year. If you do, I hope you enjoy all the perks that snow has to offer – building a snowman, munching on snow cream, and starting a snowball fight.
- Get your grub on for the 53rd Super Bowl on February 3. We don’t know who is going to be playing in it yet, but we do know that the ads will be popping’ + your food should be amazing. Try out a new recipe this year or go with one that is tried + true like my cheese football!
- So some good! Winter is a hard time for many people + families. Do what you can to donate food, clothes, toys, and your time to charities that help your community. You won’t regret your time as a volunteer!
- This year, Valentine’s Day falls on a Thursday, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy love in the air! Whether you’re showing yourself some love or showing it on your boo, cherish the time you have this year. And, of course, don’t forget about Galentine’s Day!
- Don’t forget to buy some cookies! Winter is prime Girl Scout cookie selling season. If they aren’t lurking outside your local supermarket, you can head to the Girl Scouts website to find the nearest cookie sellers to you. Have some Thin Mints for me!
So don’t let the cold weather give you the blues! Go out + enjoy this magical season. You have plenty of inspiration here to make your season merry and bright. Check out my Instagram to see what winter activities I’m enjoying + what giveaways I have in-store for the rest of the month! Happy holidays!