Most places in the U.S. have been locked up pretty tight. That has certainly made trying many of these date ideas a bit more complicated. Even though you’re spending 24/7 together, you still need to make time to focus on your relationship + not the day-to-day grind. It will be good for both your love life + your mental health to take a break, but that can be hard when you’re stuck at home due to quarantine or on a budget. You need some solid at-home date night ideas.
My boo + I can be a bit of homebodies + while I like to go out into the world, a night in can be just as fulfilling. It is also a great way to save on the budget. I’m hoping to get a house in the next year or so, so every meal or evening out we skip is one step closer to that goal. There are plenty of fun ways you can enjoy time together without leaving your home.
At-Home Date Night Ideas
- Movie Night – Put a twist on a classic by choosing something off the Netflix trending list. Better yet, but a genre in a hat + let chance decide. Or, if you want a guaranteed good movie, check out one of these cheesy rom-coms. Make it an official movie night with popcorn, candy, and an excessively large drink. For bonus points, set up in your yard + turn it into a drive-in experience.
- House Window Shopping – Dive into Zillow + pick out the most insane (either in an expensive or creepy way) house you can find in your area. Take a virtual tour + talk about the life you would lead if you lived there. Then, dream up DIY projects you could do in your own home to make it better.
- Fondue – What is better than food? Food dipped in warm chocolate or cheese. You can be the owner of your very own fondue pot for just $35. I have one that I have used at work events + it is such a fun way to enjoy your snacks + make it an experience.
- Date Box – I love Happily. They send you a curated box with an activity like making sushi or a neon sign. They send you supplies along with instructions + a playlist to jam to. Use this code for $10 off. If boxes aren’t your thing, they have an app + even classes you can try.
- Class – Take a class together! It can be so fun to learn something new from your own couch. Whether it is a magic trick, travel course, or craft, it can be fun to experience something new together + come away with a new skill.
- Faux Travel – Enjoy a night away from home without leaving home. Pick a location theme like Italy or Mexico + live it up. Make a dish that matches the location, choose a movie shot there, and enjoy some traditional activities. Go all-in for the best experience possible.
- Competition – Create a competition to get your excitement pumping. See which of you can send a paper airplane the farthest or finish a pie in the shortest amount of time. If you have two IKEA nightstands that need to built, seems like the perfect way to get it done without fighting.
- Drinking Games – Tap into your old college days + play a drinking game together. You could also make up one of your own based on a show you watch or even what is happening in your neighborhood.
- Questions – Do you really know all there is to know about each other? Get deep by asking each other questions you may not know the answer to. I did this questionnaire with my boyfriend + it gave us a good glimpse into one another.
- Tasting – Get samples of food or drink you enjoy + enjoy a taste test. You could try out local craft beer, get some amazing wine from Winc, try out new cheeses or even jerky. No matter what it is you choose, have fun comparing the food/drink + discussing what you like or don’t like about each.
Whether we’re still stuck social distancing or your are looking for some easy, cheap ways to spend time together, one of these at-home date night ideas is perfect for you + your boo!