It is officially the first day of summer! After a crazy spring, I am thrilled to welcome a new season. I’m not sure how much will change, but I am just excited for something new. We may not be able to go to many places, but where we do go, we are often needing to bring more stuff than we usually do. In 2020, your summer purse essentials are more important than ever.
Before we dive into summer purse essentials, let’s talk about your summer purse. Of course, any bag will do, but I am loving straw bags right now. They give off a beachy vibe + match so many different outfits. I have been carrying this one from Draper James, this one from Kohl’s, and a circle bag like this. This clutch was a favorite of mine last year.
Summer Purse Essentials
Before you head out the door, throw these items in your bag.
- Hand sanitizer + wipes: During COVID, these items are crucial. Even prior to our current pandemic I kept travel-size sanitizer in my purse because you never know when you might need it.
- Lotion: With all the handwashing + sanitizing you’ll be doing, a small lotion will do wonders to keep your hands from drying out.
- Megababe Thigh Rescue: If you have thighs that even remotely touch, you need this chafing stick. I throw this in my bag anytime I wear a dress or shorts because Spanx are too hot.
- Megagbabe Bust Dust: Sweaty boobs? No thank you! Bust Dust helps keep your girls nice + dry when the weather outside has other ideas. All-natural bonus: it is talc-free.
- Sunscreen: Both for your face + your body. You never know when you might be sitting outside + need to protect your legs, feet, arms, etc. No one likes a surprise farmer’s tan. Don’t forget about adding SPF to your hair!
- Hair ties: I don’t know about where you live, but in the south, it gets hot + humid. You are going to want the option to pull up your hair.
- Quality sunglasses: Protect those baby blues (or whatever color they are) + add some flair to your look. These are very affordable. These are much pricier but so cute.
- Bug spray: Mosquitos abound here in Memphis. One like this or this will fit in your purse + keep you bite-free no matter where your plans take you. You can also try essential oils or a bug-repelling bracelet.
- Power bank: Summer means long days + long nights. Don’t let your phone die + leave you in a pickle. You don’t have to spend a fortune on a good power bank. This one is $10 + provides up to 6 hours of charging.
- Facial mist: Give your face a refresh when it gets hot + dry. I love this one from Mario Badescu. It has aloe + rose water for a refreshing feel.
- Moisturizing lipstick/balm: Don’t let your lips get dry + from all the heat. Get one with a tint for an effortless summer look.
- Protein bar: Don’t let hunger get the best of you. Always carry a protein bar or snack in your purse so you don’t have to settle for less than stellar food options.
And because it is 2020, don’t forget the mask! It may be the most essential of them all. What are your summer purse essentials? Let me know in the comments or in my DMs.
This post contains affiliate links which means I get a small commission if you buy something – at no cost to you.