I’m sure if you’re like me, you’re a bit tired of the four walls that make up your home. It’s been about six weeks or so since I have been working from home + social distancing. While I am so so blessed to be in the position I am, there are certainly some luxuries I’m missing, but I am finding ways to make social distancing a bit easier like working out from home + enjoying cheesy rom-coms. One thing I have been struggling to get is a taste of travel while at home. But, I think I have found the solution.
How to Bring A Taste of Travel to Your Home
Since I can’t get to the places on my bucket list, I am going to bring them to me! It’s a lot easier to bring a taste of travel to your home than you think. Here are X ways to get your travel fix.
- Reminisce about your past trips. Go through your old photos + videos, pull out your keepsakes + talk with your friends or partner about the amazing time you had in London, Puerto Rico, or wherever you have traveled.
- Plan your next trip. While you may not be able to book anything you can still get a taste of travel at home by planning out where you want to go next. Take a deep dive into where you’ll to eat, drink, visit, etc.
- Take a travel class. I took one with the Blonde Atlas on the Greek Islands + it was amazing. I’ve already booked my next one. It’s a great way to learn about a location you love by talking to a real travel expert.
- Start learning a foreign language. I have wanted to learn Italian forever. In quarantine, I have had a little more time to get into it + am starting to make some headway.
- Consume media set in other locations. Watch a movie like Mamma Mia, Letters to Juliet, or Wild. If movies aren’t your thing read a book. Eat, Pray, Love is one of my favorites.
- Plan a whole night around a specific location. Take watching a movie set in a place you want to visit a step further. Make the food of that locale + add as much of their culture to your night as you can!
- Visit places virtually. Google Arts & Culture allows you to take video tours of some of the world’s best museums. The National Parks also have a similar service.
Hopefully one of these tips will help you get a little taste of travel at home. If you have any tricks on how to do list share them with me over on Instagram!