I don’t know if it’s the influence of Heather McMahan or just following the trends, but I have been very into leopard print lately. At first, I felt it was a bit bold, but it is like anything else, the more you get used to, the more you can tolerate. As I’ve tried to incorporate more of it into my wardrobe, I’ve experimented with different ways to wear leopard print. If this is a pattern you’d like to dive into but aren’t sure how, keep reading to learn how to dip or your toe or go all-in on leopard or any bold print.
Ways to Wear Leopard Print
- Jewelry – Small accessories like jewelry are one of the easiest ways to incorporate a pattern or color into your outfit. Something as simple as a bracelet or broach can add amazing detail to your look. I started out rocking leopard in the form of earrings I got from nine01iifive04. Other small accessories like a belt can also make a big impact.
- Headband – If you want to kick it up a notch, get a leopard hair scarf or headband + make it the star of your look. Knotted headbands have been my jam for the last year or so. One of my dear friends got me a knotted leopard headband for Christmas + it couldn’t have been a more perfect fit. I’ve also been experimenting with ways to style a leopard hair scarf which has been a blast!
- In your shoes – Shoes are such an easy way to add a print to your look. In fact, you often should have a bold shoe if you’re going neutral in the rest of your outfit. I have leopard boots + sandals which are a dream accessory. The boots are sold out, but these and these are similar! You could also add a leopard bag to your look for a similar effect.
- Paired with a neutral. I am in love with this plus, midi leopard skirt from Target. It adds such a nice pop of leopard but still pairs well with black + white. While they don’t make it in a straight size, this one is very similar – which they have in plus, too. You don’t have to do the leopard on the bottom, you could also wear it on top with a neutral pant or skirt for a cute look.
- All over print. The boldest of the bold ways to wear leopard is will a dress or other all over look like a suit. The one I wear is a few years old, but this dress is similar as is this one. If you pairing two leopard pieces to achieve this look, make sure they are the same pattern.
If you’re nervous to rock leopard all by itself, try it with a color overlay. Hopefully one of these ways to wear leopard or another bold print spoke to you. Do you have a favorite leopard item? Show me over on Instagram!
This post contains some affiliate links. Which means I get a small commission if you purchase (at no cost to you).